About the Firm
Richard A. Schurr, P.A. is a boutique law firm that knows business and seeks to optimize value.
Richard A. Schurr began his professional career as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) at a top tier investment firm. There he created portfolios for private and institutional clients. This experience provided him with valuable knowledge in financial markets and is the platform for his business law practice. Richard A. Schurr is licensed to practice in Florida, Colorado and California.
- Negotiating business contracts that maximize opportunity and mitigate risk;
- Representing individuals in matters of divorce, pre and post nuptial agreements and family mediation;
- Representing clients in contract litigation;
- Serving as a court appointed mediator and arbitrator;
- Structuring corporate reorganizations, including due diligence and compliance;
- Serving as a court appointed receiver, and representing receivers;
- Planning for business and estate succession;
- Defending Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits; and
- Providing litigation support that requires in-depth and current business and tax law knowledge.
Given Richard A. Schurr's business, tax and financial experience, family law attorneys often turn to him for "second chair" support during divorce proceedings. Clients who seek to dissolve their marriages in this economically challenging climate benefit from his focus on financially creative solutions. By employing a mediation-style approach, financial interests and privacy issues are protected.
Richard A. Schurr uses this same approach in family estate planning matters.Future Opportunities
Richard A. Schurr keeps a constant watch on changes in the law affecting individuals and businesses. For example, the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) or "stimulus package" provides several new federal tax credits to qualifying small businesses. They include an extension on carrying back operating losses and the ability to write off certain business equity investments. Early in December, President Obama outlined another economic stimulus package of tax cuts that includes eliminating capital gains taxes on small business investments and allowing small businesses to deduct additional capital expenses sooner.
Please call us for a consultation regarding any of our business and family law services.