Child Custody/ Parenting/ Time-Sharing
Child custody is one of the most difficult and heated issues to work out in divorce cases. Florida child custody law has recently changed to eliminate the designations of "primary residential parent" or "secondary residential parent." Instead, courts now require a parenting plan with a time-sharing arrangement that specifies when and how long the child will spend with each parent. Most courts will award equal custody and equal time-sharing to each parent when possible and when it is in the best interests of the child.
There are 20 factors a court will consider when determining a particular time-sharing arrangement, including:
- Demonstrated ability and capacity of each parent to have a close parent-child relationship
- Ability to work with the other parent
- Ability of the parent to put the child's needs above his or her own
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable environment
- Moral fitness of the parent
- Mental and physical health of the parents
- Home, school, and community record of the child
- Any evidence of domestic violence, abuse or neglect.
Miami family law attorneys at Richard A. Schurr, P.A. have extensive experience representing clients in a variety of custody, parenting and time-sharing disputes. At Richard A. Schurr, P.A., we can help you develop a creative parenting plan that protects your parental rights and is also in the best interests of your child. Whether through mediation or litigation, we have the experience and skills necessary to provide personalized, effective representation for your family and marital law matters. Richard A. Schurr, Esq. is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Marital and Family Law Mediator who is well-equipped to represent you in mediation as your attorney, or as an independent mediator to help you and your spouse resolve your issues.
To schedule an initial consultation with an experienced Miami child custody and time-sharing dispute attorney, please call Richard A. Schurr P.A. at (305) 443-5235 or submit our online Contact Us form. We look forward to providing you with the highest level of professional and effective legal representation.